RELEASING THE BODY FROM CENTER TO PERIPHERY
Somatic Movement classes are series of highly effective neuromuscular movements guided by a trained somatic educator. The movements re-educate chronically habitually held muscles to release, which then alleviates pain, improves range of motion and overall function of the students body. Because it works directly with the brain and the body, results last much longer than stretching and foam rolling. The student also gains the tools and movement knowledge to continue the work at home.
June 8th will be: RELEASING THE BACK MUSCLES – great for back pain, sciatica, Range of motion issues with squats and bending forward and backward
June 22nd will be: RELEASING THE ABDOMINAL MUSCLES – also great for back pain, rounded shoulders and ROM issues in shoulders and neck, stress and stomach issues.
July 6th will be: RELEASING THE SHOULDER AND HIP JOINTS – For shoulder pain and loss of range of motion, frozen shoulder, rotator cuff issues, hip pain and ROM issues, bursitis, IT/TFL pain
July 20th will be: RELEASING THE SHOULDER AND HIP GIRDLE – For full hip and shoulder mobility, great for pull ups, wall balls, anything needing more extreme ROM.
August 10th will be: RELEASING THE TRUNK: ARMS AND LEGS – Best for pain in the knees, elbows, tendonitis and extermitie issues.
August 24th will be: RELEASING THE LEGS, ANKLES AND FEET – great for Chronic ankle injuries, ROM issues, plantar fasciitis, knee pain
The classes will be held at:
DT School of Fitness
1009 Cheek-Sparger Rd #122b, Colleyville, TX 76034
$20 / per class, the whole series $100.
If you are interested in all 6 classes sign up for 5 and we will add you to the last one!RESERVE YOUR SPOT!
We will be teaming up with DTSOF for a morning workout at 9 am. Then follow it up with The Cat Stretch Series – the 8 movements you should be doing everyday to live pain free and flexible. Send us an email at email@example.com to join the fun!
Chromotherapy is the science of using colors to adjust body vibrations to frequencies that result in health and harmony. Each color possesses frequencies of a specific vibration, and each vibration is related to different physical symptoms.
Our sauna now offers over 10 colors for your benefit.
A Brief Overview of Colors used in Chromotherapy
- Red is believed to increase the pulse, raise blood pressure and increase the rate of breathing. Red would be applied to support circulatory and nervous functions.
- Strong pink acts as a cleanser, strengthening veins and arteries.
- Pink activates and eliminates impurities in the blood stream.
- Orange is a mixture of red and yellow. Activates and eliminates localized fat. Assists with asthma and bronchitis
- Strong yellow strengthens the body and activates internal tissues.
- Yellow, the brightest color used in chromotherapy, has been used to purify the skin, help with indigestion, strengthen the nervous system, treat glandular diseases, hepatitis and lymphatic disorders and assist metabolism.
- Green, a color associated with harmony, provides a neutral, positive calming effect.
- Strong green provides anti-infectious, anti-septic and regenerative stimulation.
- Strong blue lubricates joints, helps address stress, nervous tension and infections.
- Blue promotes relaxation and calm. Blue exhibits tranquilizing qualities often used to relieve headaches and migraines, colds, stress, nervous tension, rheumatism, stomach pains, muscle cramps and liver disorders. Blue is thought to have a positive effect on all kinds of pain.
- Indigo is used to address conditions involving the eyes, ears and nose. It has a calming, sedative effect.
- Violet is used to calm the nervous system, soothe organs and relax muscles. Violet has meditative qualities and is often used to treat conditions of the lymphatic system and spleen, as well as urinary disorders and psychosis.